CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 29, 2006

WHILE IN ROME...

Well, I'm not in Rome, or anywhere near Europe for that matter. I'm in the most symmetrical province in Canada, Saskabush. I am enjoying some of the customs of this foreign land far more than I ever expected. I went to a country gospel sing along at church tonight. It was a blast, I sat there giggling to myself for the longest time. Most everyone was dressed up in cowboy gear, and the devotion was done by a rancher, the theme was "Jesus as our Cowboy." It was a little hard to see though because of all the flashing reflections from the belt buckles on stage. Everyone was clapping and stomping their feet. They had someone playing the spoons and another guy playing the washboard. It was great. You know you've lived in Saskatchewan too long when.
The coolest thing was this little old lady that was part of the intro band. She was so cute, playing the electric guitar and groven along with the music. She would be the coolest grandma ever.

0 comments: