We just finished our first day of class and are now in Calapan checking out the city. I just bought 1kg of the best mangos in the world for only about 90 cents. Everything is so cheap here it's unbelievable and a good thing because I have no money.
Class was really good, the couple teaching is from the UK so it is sometimes hard to understand with their accent. But they are amazing and so passionate about using medicine to serve the Lord. I can't wait to start our first outreach, we have a very dynamic team. It will be great!
But at the same time, we are struggling a bit to come together as a unified body. We vary greatly in age and theological backgrounds. We all love Jesus, but come from such different backgrounds that we are having a hard time finding common ground. Please pray for unity, I know it will come but we don't have much time here so the sooner the better.
Monday, June 12, 2006
DAY ONE
at 2:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Chantal,
Sounds exciting! I'm jealous about the mangoes --- Enjoy.
I'm praying for unity for your team, that you'll find the common ground and grow close in friendships and purpose.
Chantal - I'm so glad to hear that you're there! I was checking and checking! I'm so excited for you, and I can't believe all that you are experiencing. I coulda told ya about the Balut - hope you didn't learn the hard way, oh and the haircut too! Ha. I love you, I look forward to hearing every bit!
So school has started for you. I'm sure you will all come together in no time. Things are just getting started. P.S you may find that your hair will grow a bit fasted there with the humidity. You'll be wearing a pony tail in no time. Love you, miss you
Post a Comment