CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

DAY 3

Today we did more hands on work in class. We learned how to do a general examination and about some of the most common respiratory diseases. Marine reach is starting an orphanage and already has one baby girl. She is seven months old and has been with the director since birth. She was born extremely underweight and is still recovering. We were able to do an examination on her, which made the information easier to grasp after doing it on a live patient. Our first outreach will be to a tribe just north of where we are staying. It will be a one day thing on friday.

Yesterday we did a Bible study in the village. First we just went and started singing childrens songs until everybody came out. Even the adults were doing the actions. It was so much fun. I started out with the high school students but after they finished I went and played with the kids. I have never been so entertained with jump rope. I was surprised how much english the little guys knew. The were eager to know all our names, ages and where we were from. They asked questions non-stop. They even tried to teach us some tagalog, but we couldn't pronounce anything correctly. When we were leaving we got them all into one big group hug, which ended in us lying in the dirt laughing. It's the first time I've seen these people, we could barely speak to each other but I feel like I've known them forever. I can't wait until next tuesday to see them all together again.

I tried to post pictures but it's not working. Hopefully I'll figure it out next time.

It's a good thing I like rice, because we eat it every meal, with the exception of a few breakfasts. The food has been really good but I can't wait until I can have a steak again. Speaking of food, I better get to supper. Hope everyone is doing alright where they are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Chantal,
sounds like you are having a great time. We really enjoy reading about your adventures, keep up the good work.
Mom & Dad
P.S. please check your YAHOO mail

Jenn said...

it sounds like so much fun. I wish I could be there too. Sounds like they are all so friendly. Do you feel like the team is slowly starting to come together? Can't wait to see so pictures. Miss you.

Kim said...

chantal i love you. i sit here and can see you there and know what you are doing. and i want it so badly for you! i am so glad you're there, so glad that you are receiving this chance. God is so good!
love those kids, bless them - and let Jesus turn your heart upside down - wish you could be here too, but i wouldn't change what Jesus is doing in you!

Anonymous said...

Hi:
it sounds like all is going well and you are having a good time. Take care of yourself and write as often as you can.

Love
Uncle Gale and Aunt Sharon