CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

TENTATIVE SUMMER PLANS

So today I discovered the deadlines for the various opportunities open for me this summer are sooner than expected. For the Mark study I need to know by Friday, yikes! I wasn't planning on making any decisions until at least mid April. Oh well, I guess the pressure is good, I will actually make a decision.

So the tentative plan is to go to the week long study of Mark, May 1-7. I am really excited because a women who has been a mentor to me here and there when I needed someone has offered to pay for the cost of the study, I just have to pay for travel. That cost won't be too bad, because the study is just in Rocky Mountain House. I will probably swing through Calgary, Lethbridge and Med Hat before coming back to Saskatoon for about a month. That will give me some time to visit friends and family in around here. Then I will head to Trinity Western to do the Linguistics and Culture summer program from June 15 - August 15. Then I will be back in Saskatoon and will be packing up my life and heading to either Calgary or Edmonton.

So if you are into praying I would muchly appreciate you throwing a word up on my behalf.

~This is going to put me in a tight spot financially. Not only does the summer course cost about $4000 for tuition, books, room and board, but I will not be working much over the summer. I need the largest bursary possible from TWU ($1500), a job from about May 15-June 14, and a seat sale on plane tickets. There is already a sale from Sask to Abbottsford, but I need one on the way back.

~I need energy, I am not sure how I will do filling my break from school with more school.

~Mostly peace about the decision. I don't have peace, but I am experiencing less anxiety about this decision compared to other options. I'm not sure I will be at peace until things actually happen because I am scared that everything will collapse like it did last summer.

0 comments: