So I have been 23 for 5 days now and if these last few days are any indication of what the next year of my life will bring I could be in trouble (my fault though).
I was making a casserole the other night. I was lazy so I made the sauce in the microwave. It exploded all over the nuke box. While I was tending the cheesy mess, the smoke detector went off. While I frantically waved a towel to appease the deafening beep the pasta was boiling over on the stove. Supper was a complete disaster so I decided to reheat some leftover macaroni. While it was warming in the microwave I put some lotion on my hands. I retrieved the bowl of macaroni, which slipped from my grip due to the hand cream, and onto the floor.
Later that evening I decided to do some laundry. I have a funny washing machine, it is a combo washer dryer, so things aren't the same as on the separate models. I began to remove what I believed to be the lint trap filter thing. It was not what I thought it was. It was some sort of water trapping device and my removing it caused a small flood in my laundry room.
I broke a nail, which would normally not be a problem because I don't like my nails long. But I was hoping to have a nice set of claws for my grad picture since your hands are involved in many of the poses. I can't stand having my nails different lengths so I might just cut them all off.
I am sure that a child will be seriously injured if not killed because of my excellent child care skills. At work the kids wanted to push me on the tire swing. As I was spinning I kicked a girl right in the chops. I also spun another boys so fast on the tire swing that I made him sick. Explain that to the dad who asks why his son is lying in the grass and can't walk in a straight line. Oops! I also pushed the tire swing so high that a boy nearly hit his head on the top bar. There is one kid, an older one, in grade 5 I think, who I no longer have the patience for. To be completely honest, had he been the one whom I had injured/endangered, I wouldn't have felt the least bit bad about it. I definitely don't think that I should be a mother anytime soon.
Monday, April 14, 2008
23 FOR 5 DAYS
at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment