So it is about 11:30pm and I am sitting here wishing I was smart enough to go to bed early, especially since I was up until 3am writing a paper. But I am not, what can you do?
I only have 1.5 papers left to write and 1 lab report, the end is in sight. I am almost giddy at the thought of being done school (until I remember that I might be back at it in September). Now that the semester is coming to an end and summer is fast approaching I am feeling the pressure of having to decide what I am doing this summer.
On the job front I am in an unusual position of no longer being a summer student since I am graduating, but I am also not looking for a full-time permanent job because at the very most I will only be here until the end of august. There are not too many jobs in a university city for people like me. I thought about registering for school for next semester to keep my "summer student" status, but that would be dishonest. I also thought about applying for a job and just lying when they ask me how long I am staying. Again, dishonest. So I am expecting God to do big things since I an trying to do the right thing. Are you reading this God? :)
I have about a month to try to figure out my summer. I am looking at a few different options, but it is difficult since I don't find out about med school until May 15th, although I am not sure if that really matters. This week I am leaning more towards the no department. I would really appreciate your prayers, and possibly advice, if you make it good. Here are some things that I am looking at for the summer.
~ Taking a break, going to Vernon with my family for a week. I could really use a break, I can't believe I made it out of this semester alive.
~ MarkWest in Lethbridge beginning of May, a 1 week intensive Scripture study of... you guessed it, the book of Mark
~ Just sitting around here working. Possibly at the day care, but that pays barely over minimum wage, which is not helpful for someone with a big student loan.
~ A two month Linguistics study run by Wycliffe Bible translators, at Trinity Western in Langley. This isn't for any particular language, but it is general overview of language and will help me to learn another language with less of a foreigner's accent. ie) I won't sound like such an idiot when I speak Khmer, and will be accepted more readily into the culture and community.
~ If I don't do medicine, I will get to Calgary ASAP to start that chapter of my life with Servants Anonymous.
~ Perhaps some other opportunity that I am yet to discover.
Monday, March 24, 2008
PRAYER
at 11:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Definately,go to Vernon it is beautiful in the summer. You need a break, and it might help you arrive at a decision. A lot of people will be praying for you.
Aunt Sharon
Post a Comment