CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 08, 2008

WHY?

I am not in med school yet, but I wouldn't be surprised the way things are going if I got in. I don't mean that to be arrogant in any way at all. My marks weren't that great and I made a mistake on my application, so it is all God that I have gotten this far. I might not get in either, but either way God did this and I am trying to figure out why. Here are some of the reasons I have come up with or friends have suggested:

God is testing whether I have really given up my own selfish dreams to follow Him into the great unknown.

God is going to give me my dream then ask me to give it up.

Maybe this has been a test, maybe medicine was my Isaac, and God saw that I could give it up and now he is giving it back.

It doesn't really matter to God what I do.

God is choosing to bless me for some unknown reason by allowing me to live my dream.

I have misunderstood him the last few months and I was never really going to Cambodia.

An answer to prayer. I prayed many times over the last few years, that God would give me the strength not to cheat or take the easy way out just to get into medicine, and that, if he was pleased with how my morals stood up that he would grant me the desires of my heart.

If you have any wisdom that you could lend me that would be great, seeing as how my wisdom well is dry.

After all that, I close with the word from an Aaron Shust song,

"I am not skilled to understand what God has willed what God has planned."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your last line says it all. you can analyze all you want, but in the end you will be exactly where he wants you and you may never understand why. If it is medicine, you will make an awesome doctor I saw you take care of your grandfather during his last days.
Aunt Sharon