CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 05, 2007

Moving forward

I think I have made some progress over the last few days. While I would still like to tear into the brothels Rambo style, and save the girls, God is showing me that is probably not the best thing, for several reasons. At least not the best thing for me.

The Rambo idea would be more a reaction out of anger. Once I got started, there would probably be no end. There is no way that I would be able to save every girl, so the anger would never stop and I would have to keep fighting. I would never feel like I had done anything as long as there were still girls being defiled. And there still wouldn't be any laws protecting future generations.

More importantly, so I Rambo everything and save these girls, then what? They might be free from the brothel but they are not free from the pain and fear. They have physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual wounds and voids. They still have no life, no hope. They don't know how to be children, how to trust and love or be loved.

I found an organization who might be willing to take volunteers. Well actually it is a coalition of about 20 organizations including Justice For Children, World Hope, Stop the Traffik and others. I sent a resume of sorts, and faith statement, yadda yadda, today. I am hoping to go this summer, I don't know for how long, and I don't really care what I do I just want to do something. I've also found a few organizations which offer training courses on helping victims that I am looking into.

0 comments: