CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 05, 2007

WHAT'S WITH KIDS THESE DAYS?

So I decided I am not responsible enough to care for children. I can play with them just fine, but I do not do a very good job of being an adult. Wednesday was kind of the final straw in coming to this conclusion. I sent two kids flying off the merry-go-round at work, a 2.5 and 4 year old. And I mean flying. The younger of the two must have gone at least a meter. It wasn't totally my fault. They saw a bigger kid jumping while he was on so they thought they could do the same. Although I probably shouldn't have spun the thing so fast.

I was told by a 6 year old on Thursday that I needed to shave my armpits. Thanks.
Later that day I sat down to play some cards and this one little 5 years old boy sat down to play.
"Uh, gross, your hands are all dirty." The girls said to him.
"Well duh. I am a man, my hands are supposed to get dirty."
It was too cute. 5 years old and he thinks he's a man.

On Friday I sat down at a table with a group of girls that were making purses out of paper for a special game. I thought they would have a tea party or play shopping. I sat down and made one too. Then they started making pretend cell phones, Blackberries (or Blueberries what ever those things are) and special "identafecashen". I started to get concerned. I think these kids have workaholics for parents. They finished and prepared for their game. You know what they were playing? Bet you can't guess.
The were playing entrepreneur. What the heck. I didn't even know what that meant when I was 7 let alone devise a game. My goodness! I ended up having to console one of the boys because he got fired. Watch Apprentice much? Gee whiz.
Later I was playing a mini billiards game with one of the girls. We kept getting interrupted by her pretend cell phone ringing. Are you kidding me?

I am terrified to see what these kids are like when they grow up. Someone needs to throw them in a mud puddle so they can learn what being a kid is all about.

2 comments:

Kim said...

SCARY! don't worry you'll be fine with your own kids, just don't do that to them!
ps: it's blackberries! -K

Jenn said...

What the heck are prents taching there kids? Oh my goodness I hope grayson isn't like that? He is pretty obsessed about his pretend cell phone. I'll make sure he knows how to play duck duck goose before he plays any entrepreneur game.