CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

WHAT A BLESSED MORNING

So I realized that it has been quite some time since I blogged, lots has been going on but I just haven't really felt like blogging, or had the time to do so. Sorry! However I did feel compelled to share with you what a wonderful morning I had.
Last night I set my alarm clock for about 7:30 so that I would have time to throw in a load of laundry and call Kim before church. Well I set it for 7:30... pm. Fabulous! Sorry Kim, I really wanted to talk to you. I woke up at 9 which is still plenty of time for me to get ready and be at church for 10. I left home at my usual time and made my way to church.
I must say I was looking pretty darn good! I even wore high heels. Woo-eeee! This turned out to be almost tragic. On my way to church, driving about 60km/h (within the speed limit) the truck in front of me slammed on his brakes. I was a good distance behind him and went to hit my brakes too but my heel got caught in the mat on the floor of my car which meant that when I got a foot ont he brake I really had to slam and swerve not hit the truck. I almost soiled myself. I was absolutely rattled!
I pulled myself together and continued on to church. Traffic was backed up so I was now late for church, which I really hate. When I made it out of traffic and onto the ramp to go north I was going a little faster than necessary to try and make up for time lost. I turned right off the ramp and around a fallen construction fence type thing then back into the right lane. As I went on my way I hear the sound of scratching metal. I looked in my mirrors but didn't see anything. I decided to pull over on the next turn. When I get out of my car I find the that I didn't actually clear that construction fence and it was tangled under my car. In the words of my friend Twyla, it was like when the car version of when toilet paper gets stuck to your shoe. I estimate it was about 5m long and included a 1.5 meter metal bar. Splendid!
From the standing position I tried to pull but with no success. I had to get down on my hands and knees in the grocery store parking lot , while in my sunday finest, and untangle this thing. It is very hard while wearing a skirt, to be a lady on a windy day, when you are on your hands and knees reaching under a very low car. I had mud all over my arms and face and knees. On the up side I managed to keep my light pink skirt clean. After I untangled the bugger I was remembered my camera was in my purse. I am already late for church, might as well get a quick picture.

You can't see all of it in this pic and the metal bar isn't visible. What a great start to the day!

2 comments:

Kim said...

i LOVE it!
i so would not have told you if i saw that hanging from your car, i would just have laughed and enjoyed the moment!
if you want a reason to look on the brightside: you have a car!
so, there you go.
love you, look forward to that call!

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read your comments I think of the Pam Tillis song "Welcome to My Crazy World". It is always interesting!!!
Aunt Sharon