CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 01, 2007

School has been surprisingly relaxing this semester. I think the combination of accepting that there are somethings that I will never be good at and being in classes that I actually enjoy have made a big difference. For example, I will never be good at chemistry, it just won't happen. So after this semester I will stop trying to prove that I can be. It just won't ever happen. I Got my chemistry midterm back yesterday. I knew when I wrote it I wouldn't do well (Note that for me I feel like I have failed if I get less than 80%), but I wasn't expecting to get fifty percent. That's right a solid 50%. However, I felt better knowing that class average was about 46%. And as a class we beat last years average. Now as punishment for our poor perfomance the teacher is making us write out full solutions to the midterm, even the multiple choice he wants our reason in complete sentences. Perhaps we are not the ones who should be punished, if you teach a class which consistently fails the midterm year after year perhaps you need to do a little self evaluation.
On a slightly happier note, I got my biochemistry midterms back, which I was actually quite worried about since I didn't study for it. 83%. So although it is not a great mark I am okay with it because I know for the final if I study a bit I will be just fine. How is it that in organic chemistry and bichemistry I can easily score over 80%, but in general chemistry (which the other two are based on) I am a good 35% lower? Huh? I wish I knew, but oh well. Good thing I don't want to be a chemist.

3 comments:

Kim said...

chemistry that sounds kaboring!
i can't belive you got a 50% way to go rockstar! i like that i don't get grades anymore - it kinda makes my life 7 trillion times better. -K

Josh and Osa =) said...

I don't know how you do it! Just thinking of going back to school makes it chill down my back in horror! You are crazy, and I admire you SO much for just that!!!!
Thank you for praying!!! God is so faithful, I'm in awe of Him!!

I don't get grades anymore neither, I'm thrilled=D
hihi

Love you, Chantal!

Jenn said...

I liked chem when I was in school. I sucked royally at it but i guess it's different in University. You are such a hard worker. Keep up the good work. If I was there, I'd give you a gold star sticker for your paper. Love ya.