CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 31, 2006

IN SEOUL

So far so good. I'm in Seoul right now. Just got here about an hour ago. 9 hours down only 18 hours of travelling to go (not counting layovers). I'm glad to be here, this leg of the trip should go a lot smoother. It was quite the adventure getting here. The ferry from Calapan to the main Philippine island was pretty rough. People were falling just trying to get into the boat. It calmed down after about 30 minutes. Then I had to take a bus to the capital city, Manila. That wouldn't have been so bad if the guy sitting next to me wasn't cuddling up to me in his sleep. Plus there were vendors hasseling us the whole time. Annemarie and I almost missed the bus stop. One of the staff members told us the name of the stop before we left, it actually had two names but we could only remember one. It wasn't the one the driver used. He stopped but since we didn't recognize the name of the place we didn't get off. I had a feeling we should have though so I went up and asked where the stop was. He started yelling and stopped on the highway to let us off. It was only about 10 metres away from a taxi so it wasn't too bad.
We got to the hotel alright, but I locked the keys to my suitcase inside my suitcase so I had to pick the lock with a hair pin. Annemarie is leaving tomorrow so she is staying the night. I got a taxi to the airport last night. It started off all wrong. He was going the wrong way down a one way street, so that was scary. Then he got a ticket for it and he was arguing with the cop while I was sitting there waiting to go to the airport. On top of that he was trying to set me up with his son. AWKWARD!
Anyway, I got to the airport alright and I'm now stuck here in Korea until tomorrow. I'm not in the same hotel as last time, which is disappointing because I was really looking forward to a heated toilet seat, after spending much of the last seven weeks squatting. Oh well, such is life.
I'm pretty tired so I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight!
Oh, by the way, you all should check out googleearth.com. It's a satelite thing and you can see your house online.

0 comments: