CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

FINAL WEEK

We are in the final week of school here. Today was our last day of class, tomorrow will be our last day of outreach. Then friday we are going out for a graduation breakfast and supper.

The doctors who have been teaching us had to leave on the weekend so we had a fairwell dinner and kareoke night on Friday. They were both such wonderful fun people. It was hard to say goodbye to them but I feel so blessed to have met them. This is a picture of the students with the two docs.

Here is Annemarie and I singing "Wild Thing" together and Jez, one of the docs singing Michael Jacksons smooth criminal. It was hilarious.


We have a couple of other docs come in. We did dermatology for two days, and we had a surgeon come in to show us how to do stitching. Here is the practice banana that we did.

Matt let us practice on hime. He had couple of moles that we removed and stitched up. Here is me stitching...

Here is me after stitching...

I didn't actually faint but I was feeling a bit lightheaded. Apparently I looked pale, even my lips turned white. But in my defense we hadn't eaten for 6 hours, and it was super hot in the room. I didn't feel that bad but everyone insisted I lie down. It was pretty embarassing since I am the only one who plans on being a professional doctor. On top of that I had said just before we started that I was really excited about doing stitches because I am considering going into surgery. The doctor consoled me saying that most people in med school faint when they see their first surgery.

These pictures are from the sunday school that we do in Silonay on Sundays. The kids are so cute.

Apparently not all of the photos are loading. Sorry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chantal;

I can imagine,something like that would be a little unsettling,the first time.

Keep up the good work.

Love:Mom and dad
Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Anonymous said...

nice chantal............it looks like you got owned there.........but maybe not. oh well, ill see you in a few days. later

Cory

Kim said...

Chantal - you're a rockstar! I can't belive you actually removed someones moles!! I think I get to learn suturing on Friday - so we'll have to compare notes! I love you - can't wait to hear ALL about it! -K

Anonymous said...

Hi:
The time has gone very quickly for us back home as we sit and wait for your messages, it must have just flown by for you. You are doing an incredible job, but stay away from those 800 numbers!!! Have a safe trip home.
Uncle Gale and Aunt Sharon

Jenn said...

wow, that so cool. did you enjoy doing it? something you can see your self doing more of? see you soon.