I had a craving for some popcorn friday, so I threw some in the microwave. As it was popping a friend of mine called who I haven't talked to in weeks. I was so excited to talk to her. After a few minutes I could smell smoke. Oh no! I burnt the popcorn. Not just a little bit burnt, but nearly on fire burnt. There was smoke coming out of the microwave. When I opened the door a huge cloud of smoke puffed out. Not exaggerating, I went over to fan the smoke detector because I was afraid it would go off and freak out the whole building. I thought maybe I could salvage some, but even the bag was burnt to a crisp. Well, so much for the popcorn. I opened all the windows to try and get rid of the smell. It still stunk when I went to bed, but it was too cold to leave the windows open, so I re-opened them in the morning. Unfortunately, Saturday was a windy day and on a windy day in Saskatchewan even the big city smells like a cattle farm. So it was a toss up betwen closing the windows and letting the smell of burnt popcorn linger or keeping the windows open and every breath making you feel like you were sitting with your face right up to a cows behind. I went for the smell of burnt popcorn. I somewhat became accustomed to the smell, but I had forgotten that a real estate agent was using my place for an open house because he had a few condos he was trying to sell. So I went back to the windows open. I felt bad for that guy having to be in my place for a few hours. Quite the smell combo. Sunday came around and it still smelt awful, so I took the air freshner from the bathroom and put it on the kitchen counter. It was one of those ones that you lift up the lid and there is the jelly like stuff inside. Not the most effective but it is all I had. Monday morning the burnt smell had almost gone away, I can't really tell because it is masked by the smell of paint. They are painting the hallway in my building. I can't wait till winter when they are finished the renos and the manure is frozen and nearly odourless.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
can i let a few publishers in on your blog? i think we could get money for this kinda stuff. seriously! -K
i heart chantal!
Post a Comment