CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 04, 2006

...BUT I DON'T EVEN USE HAIRSPRAY

So I went to Zellers the other day to pick up a new razor. I was in the aisle looking at all the different kinds. At the end of the aisle there was a hairspray display. Out of nowhere this lady, about 50 I think, comes up to me and asks me if I can help her with the hairspray. I told her that I don't work at Zellers.
"Oh I know, but I need help picking out hairspray."
Ok, whatever. So I went over to help her out. She asked which was the better deal, you know, more for the money, so I told her. Then she asked me what kind smells the best. I don't know, I don't use hairspray, they all smell bad to me. So I took of the lid to smell the three kinds she had picked out
"Oh, no. You won't be able to smell them properly, you have to spray a little on your wrist."
What, this isn't perfume! I did it anyway. They seriously all smelt almost exactly the same. Yucky! I told her I didn't know what they smelt like but she was insistant that I describe the scent. I didn't know what to do, so I made something up. I told her one smelt kinda fruity and the other smelt like White Rain perfume. I don't even know if White Rain perfume exists, I had just heard it in a song before. She decided against the other one because of the price, after I sprayed it on my arm of course. Then she asked me which I would buy. I told her I don't use hairspray.
"Well, if someone were to give it to you as a gift which would you prefer?"
"Uh... the purple one." So she took the purple one. But then she wanted an aerosol instead. So I went and grabbed her one.
"Oh this one has a little dent in it, could you grab me another one."
Alright so I went and got another one.
"Is that a little scratch here on the lid?"
Are you kidding me. So I got another one. I must have shown her at least 5 cans, and had inspected many more which I didn't bother showing her. The other people in the store must have thought I was crazy, carefully inspecting every can of hairspray on the shelf. I could barely contain myself,everytime I walked back to the shelf I laughed. I was just waiting for someone to jump out and show me the hidden camera. Finally I said, "this is about as good as it gets", and handed her a can. She took it and the hairspray ordeal was over. It took at least 15 minutes.
Then she needed help with tweezers. She showed me the different ones she picked out. "Is this one a slanted head? How do you tell?"
"Well you see how it's at an angle, that's slanted. And it's the one I use, and I highly recommend it."
"Oh, Ok. Thank you so much for your help."
If anybody knows what it is about me that attracts these kind of bizarre situations please tell me so I can change.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

YOU CRACK ME UP. THIS IS SO FUNNY.Always you Chantal. I wish I could be there to see these things. Hope youre doing well. have fun at school tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

i heart chantal!